Top 5 Tips to Help You Tackle Your Move
Moving can be an overwhelming task.
If you don’t have a plan of attack, it can seem impossible.
Tacoma Residential Movers, Bekins Northwest, have over 110 years of experience. We have been your residential movers in Tacoma since 1903 and have gained some tips and tricks over the years.
Here are our top 5 tips to help you conquer your move:
- Timing Is Everything– The busy season is May to September, so avoid these months if possible. If not, then schedule your move as soon as possible.
- Be Strategic– Packing is one of the hardest parts of the move. Bekins Northwest offers packing services, but if you would rather pack items yourself, then have a plan. Know which items you can’t pack such gasoline, alcohol, flammable liquids, etc. Pack and label boxes based on the room and the priority. Clearly mark which boxes you are taking with you.
- Weed Out Extras– While you are packing, make a pile of items you want to get rid of. You can schedule a pickup with the Salvation Army if you are unable to take it to a drop off location.
- Keep Essentials Separate– When you are packing up items, put aside any essentials that you will need that first day and pack them in their own box. Take it with you unless you don’t have any room in your car.
- Make The Switch– Open your bank account in your new town so that you will have access to your money. Call the utility companies to start your services and change your address with the post office to ensure you don’t miss any mail. Check out our moving Updater to save time and money organizing and completing move related tasks.
The best way to keep from getting overwhelmed during your move is to be plan ahead. These five tips will help you stay organized and get prepared for the move ahead. The more prepared you are, the more you get to enjoy the opportunity that lies ahead.
If you are looking for a moving company, contact Bekins Northwest. Our Tacoma Household Movers will be happy to assist you in your move. Call or visit our website to learn more about our services or to get a free quote!